Skip to main content

A Post on Valentine's Day

It's February 14 so I allowed myself to have a little time to scribble something for my blog. It's really been a while since I posted here. In fact, Christmas and New Year have passed that I didn't have some posts those days. Wished I could but, umm, well I'll just keep it to myself.

And I thought I have to update my blog, just in time for Valentine's day. It's a love day. Funny so it seems but really love has been the favorite themes of many. What I'll say here, you may already have heard before but still, I want to give it a try. Here it goes:


I believe in love,
It's more than just a feeling;
It moves people to do many things
Of high-moral value.

I believe in God,

He is the source of Love;
Love is God Himself.

I believe in marriage,
It is the union between a man, a woman,
And God.

I believe in life,
We go on each day, hoping to have life;
But there's no beautiful life
Without love!


Wow, can't believe this... been back to my blog again. But yeah, I'll still have some more. See you.

Comments

Anonymous said…
i thought i should take a peek and was not really surprised about your creative writings. well, information technology has its paradox. there is always a force and a counter-force and as a user/beneficiary of its usage we must be able to balance its known applications. the ultimate end of which is to improve how things are done to make our lives a bit better.
Albine Bodo said…
Hello, Anonymous!

Hey, I know you:-D You're my prof! Thanks for such a kind compliment, sir. Thanks, too for stopping by.

Yeah, I know what you mean. For all you know, sir I have nothing against technology. I, my classmates, you, and many other people are the major promoters of IT. Our common goal is to improve man's ways of lives. The challenge of digital divide should not weaken us but instead awaken the many Filipinos who, in one way or another contribute to the demoralization of our nation.

Let us change the status quo. I think that must start within individual persons. Understand and admit our little corrupt ways so that none will accumulate. Everyone of us are telling how poor and how unfortunate the Philippines is today. When many are telling "those" in the position are corrupt, I better examine myself first. I think I need to aim and to practice high standards of moral value. That way, I will be happy with what I'm doing and sooner or later be a catalyst of change.

We are like facing two battles here. The battle of corruption leading to poverty and that of IT diffusion. The 2 being positioned among opposite far ends. Are we (or am I) able to identify the kinds of weapons we must have?