Skip to main content

One Hand clapping

Several days ago, I came to meditate on a famous Zen koan (philosophical riddle) which asks, "What is the sound of one hand clapping?". Allow me to share my own answer to this...

I put together my 2 hands in a clapping mode and heard the clapping hands saying: "bravo!", "praise-worthy", "excellent", "glorious".



Then I put together my two hands, steady still, it sounded something saying: "I pray", "I acknowledge", "Thank you"...

And I tried to position just one of my hands in a clapping mode, also it sounded something. I heard it very clearly: the beating of my heart! It said "TOUCH ME".... also with the same hand, I put it a little farther from my body. Still I hear the sound, saying: "HELP ME".... another thing, I put it even higher right above my head. It sounded still saying: "I surrender". Oh, that way I laughed at my self and I said... "are you crazy?" ha ha ha....

Well, at least I can look at my neighbors and hear their one hand clapping!

Comments

Albine Bodo said…
Hi, Nick!!!! Nice to see you again. What an inspiration you gave me, after a while back of putting my blog into rest. Now I think I'm gonna write again. Thank you.

I'll see you later on your blog. You are very dear to me, my Friend.