Skip to main content

I Feel Lucky

Albine Bodo Poetry [I Feel Lucky]

One crazy piece of poem I wrote and dated June 14, 2014...


I Feel Lucky

Where have you been all my life?
Four enduring decades into the maze,
I slid, i zigzagged, i crawled, i fell,
I prayed, i insisted, and i tried.

One blooming summer, i picked a rose,
To the folks, my boy was a hawk.
And so i uncaged that cute birdie
Me as a child mingled with glee.

At one little corner of my ignorance
A shadow followed me, we danced
Side step, forward step, i stepped back!
Picked up my high-heel shoes, then i ran.

I uttered, 'Oh dear godmother, fairy!
What's wrong with a lass like me?
See my best friend, advanced to the aisle,
Replicate that event, make me a bride.'

Was i just praying, or was it dream's scene?
My journey continued, of various themes.
Perhaps i am a person of hope factory
Thinking that one day i must be lucky.

Two months after 43 years of seeking
At dharma garden, souls spinning
You remained as you, i kept being me
Soon we found out, two souls... we.

You never failed to check on me each day,
The role in society, to you, never a barrier;
You gave me attention and i feel better
Am just lucky, your eyes strikes tow'ds me.

I am just lucky, i found another me
With bright sunshine, life meanings i see
Berries, nuts, pastries and soups or wine
Celebrate moments in arms of lucky charm.

Comments