Skip to main content

Staring on a Bare Wall

It's been Thursday, a few minutes before seven in the evening. My last period in school lasts 'till 7:00 PM but I chose to dismiss my students early amidst of the heavy rain. It's a wet rainy day in August. Just wondering how could it be possible for me to reach home without getting wet. Thank God, there's a spare of cheap, worn out umbrella I left in my locker room here in the Faculty Room, my so-called office.

As I sit and stare at the bare wall of the same room, I thought of Sean. He's scheduled to fly this afternoon at about 5:00 PM for South Africa. A couple of hours ago, I read his SMS for me saying he's in line waiting to get through the Immigration and yet worried because he might miss his flight because of incompetent Immigration System. He must have been worried and I feel sorry for him. An hour after I received this message, I dialed his mobile phone but to no avail and I assumed he flew already.
As I divert my thoughts away from Sean, "to do" list has come to my mind: checking papers, updating records, and next lectures. Ahhh, checking papers is the thing I like to do least. What are those things that I really like to do now? So I assess myself: manage a department in one big corporation? I don't think so. I believe I have the potential to do that but i wouldn't be happy with it. I admit, at several points in time, I was wishing to be a boss, get recognized, and earn credits for the success of something. But you know, deep within me, something is telling me that I can find joy in my work by creating a thing. The creative side of me that I want to flourish.
What would my creations be? A lot I guess. You'll know what I mean when you see my next blogs. See you again?

Comments

Lizette said…
hi there...saw ur message in PBS..welcome ^_^ gudluck with ur thesis paper...hop by my blog if u have free time ^_^
Lizette said…
hi there...saw ur message in PBS..welcome ^_^ gudluck with ur thesis paper...hop by my blog if u have free time ^_^