Skip to main content

My Typical Weekend

September 8th and 9th: I just had a typical weekend once again.
Saturday Not a Day Off. Saturday had been a very busy day for me just because this is my day as a student. If I don't pursue my graduate studies, it is an ordinary work day for me. It's unfair though that if I want to upgrade m profile, I have to formally file a leave of absence (without pay) or deliberately be absent from work. What a fair sacrifice, so it seems!
My Thesis Title Approved. So I chose to work half-day in order to earn a little. If I feel that it's alright not to attend my classes (as a student) in PUP, I can report to work (as a teacher) in EAC. Anyway, two of my teachers already did not require us to attend classes until our "presentation day". They gave us time to work on our projects. Thus, I only came to PUP to seek approval of my thesis title and to meet my group mates regarding BPR (Business Process Re-engineering) plans. I could say, the best thing that happened to me during this day was Dr. Padlan has approved of my thesis topic. I will be doing an experimental research on Carbon Monoxide Measurement System in my locality. Good luck to myself!
A Quiet Saturday Night. As most of the days in my life, I could go back home and be alone. This time, I searched for something to eat, watched my favorite documentary show on TV, planned for next day's "to do" and then finally slept.
Warm, Fine Sunday Morning. I woke up around 7:30, overslept I think. I put on my yellow tube top, matched with my favorite beach shorts. I looked forward to some housekeeping tasks the whole day. Alone as always, I turned my TV set on. It's my habit to keep the TV murmuring though sometimes I'm not interested with the show. Just to make me feel I'm not alone in the house.
Next Things I Did: A quick cooking for my breakfast, then ate. Afterwards, I immediately started washing my clothes using my new "friend" washer. I finished it at noon, took my lunch, prepared a "natural" body scrub... milk stirred in little calamansi juice, spread it on my face, and my whole body, had a short sleep. Then a text message woke me up. It was from Sean in South Africa. That was one sweet message he sent me and told me he's moving to another place. I had a great feeling afterwards. Must have missed him a lot.
Then stepped out of the house. I saw the mess in my "small" garden. Dried leaves had scattered. Plants needed to be watered. So I addressed all that. Next, some other chores: wash the dishes, cleaned the bathroom, and finally I took a bath, longer as I want it, not catching time! More housekeeping still: folded my clothes, another cooking, and dinner alone.
And That Is my typical weekend. I hope to spend untypical weekend in the near future.

Comments

You do pretty much housework on weekends huh? LOL! Well, I'm the same, especially Saturday's. It's the day I help the wife with the household chores. And it takes up almost the entire day. I'm hoping for an untypical weekend too ... LOL!
Albine Bodo said…
Oh, I see! A weekend adventure? ...LOL!