Skip to main content

Water Matter


I
t's one-hour past midnight of September 6th.
I just finished washing clothes. I enjoyed the whole evening in the solitude of my home. Sometimes it really feels good to be all alone. I can do unplanned things at any point in time. Best of all, I can wander around my thoughts while doing things or while enjoying the comfort of my seat. So I picked up my ball pen and started scribbling this diary.
It is very unusual to me to wash clothes in ordinary working days like this. Why do you think I did it today? Well, you know I just got a new washer. At last, after 13 years of living independently, I decided to acquire this machine. I feel that I need to have this now so that I can lessen my time doing housekeeping. Lots of other things are trying to grab my time, like doing my thesis, maintaining this blog, socializing, and catching up with unfinished tasks at work.
It is coincidental today that I left the house this morning without running water on my faucets (blame it to the water concessionaire in my area), and returned home this evening with this new washer. That means, I started my day badly without prior advice that they will temporarily cut their water service today. How unfortunate of me to not even save enough amount of water for today's bath. Nevertheless, there was a pail of water in my bathroom just for my half-bath, instead. Feels like unpleasant but that's the best thing I could do.
Home from mall, where I purchased this washer, I immediately checked my faucet. Good! I found out that water supply went back. Then after dinner, I liked to test the machine and found myself washing several pieces of my clothes. In the middle of spins, I turned on the shower and enjoyed the pouring water over my head. I shampooed my hair, put on some conditioner, and washed my whole body. A nice bath after all.
One thing I realize. With the abundance of water in my daily life, water seems to be endless that I never thought of setting some of it aside. The unavailability of it may stop my world from turning so I promise myself to always have it in my big pail. I wish to have lots of water. I wish to have a refreshing feeling at the start and at the end of each day.

Comments

We sometimes take water for granted. I know I would create a ruckus if the water in my area was cut off!

Congrats on getting your new washer.
Albine Bodo said…
Hi Nick, thanks for dropping by again. Silly you know, water cut-off has been ordinary in my area and cities nearby. A ruckus may be done but I wonder If it's gonna be effective (sigh!).